(901) 922-5526•387 Perkins Ext. Memphis, TN 38117• TEMPORARY HOURS: Mon–Sat: 9AM–8PM, Sun: 10AM–5PM
The Plant Paradox Family Cookbook: 80 One-Pot Recipes to Nourish Your Family Using Your Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or Sheet Pan (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the The Plant Paradox series.
- #1: The Plant Paradox: The Hidden Dangers in "Healthy" Foods That Cause Disease and Weight Gain (Hardcover): $29.99
- #2: The Plant Paradox Cookbook: 100 Delicious Recipes to Help You Lose Weight, Heal Your Gut, and Live Lectin-Free (Hardcover): $35.00
- #3: The Plant Paradox Quick and Easy: The 30-Day Plan to Lose Weight, Feel Great, and Live Lectin-Free (Paperback): $18.99
- #4: The Longevity Paradox: How to Die Young at a Ripe Old Age (The Plant Paradox #4) (Hardcover): $28.99
- #6: The Energy Paradox: What to Do When Your Get-Up-and-Go Has Got Up and Gone (The Plant Paradox #6) (Hardcover): $29.99
- #7: Unlocking the Keto Code: The Revolutionary New Science of Keto That Offers More Benefits Without Deprivation (The Plant Paradox #7) (Hardcover): $28.99
From the New York Times bestselling author of The Plant Paradox comes a guide to one-pot cooking for the whole family, with a special focus how to make the Plant Paradox program kid-friendly.
Since the publication of The Plant Paradox in 2017, hundreds of thousands of people have embraced Dr. Gundry’s nutritional protocol—and experienced life-changing results. But most of Dr. Gundry’s readers aren’t cooking for themselves alone. “How can I extend this way of eating to my entire family? And is it safe for my kids?” are the questions he is most often asked.
In The Plant Paradox Family Cookbook, Dr. Gundry reassures parents as he sets the record straight, providing an overview of children’s nutritional needs and explaining how we can help our kids thrive on the Plant Paradox program—a diet low in lectins. Dr. Gundry offers shocking evidence of how the Plant Paradox program is not only “safe” for kids, but also the best possible way to set them up for a lifetime of health and responsible eating.
As research continues to bear out, a healthy microbiome—or “gut”—is the cornerstone of human health. The foods we eat at the beginning of our lives have a long-term impact on the makeup of our microbiome. Lectin-containing foods—such as grains, legumes, certain fruits and vegetables, and conventional dairy—damage it by creating holes in the gut wall and triggering the kind of systemic inflammation that lays the groundwork for disease. And yet, many of the foods we are routinely told to feed our children—think milk, whole grain bread, peanut butter—have an incredibly high lectin content.
The Plant Paradox Family Cookbook includes more than 80 recipes that make cooking for a family a breeze. And since pressure cooking is the best and easiest way to reduce lectin content in foods like grains and beans, the majority of the quick and easy recipes are Instant-Pot friendly. From weeknight dinners to make-ahead breakfasts to snacks and even lunchbox-ready meals, The Plant Paradox Family Cookbook will help the whole family experience the incredible benefits of the Plant Paradox program.
About the Author
Steven R. Gundry, MD, is the director of the International Heart and Lung Institute in Palm Springs, California, and the founder and director of the Center for Restorative Medicine in Palm Springs and Santa Barbara. After a distinguished surgical career as a professor and chairman of cardiothoracic surgery at Loma Linda University, Dr. Gundry changed his focus to curing modern diseases via dietary changes. He is the bestselling author of The Longevity Paradox, The Plant Paradox, The Plant Paradox Cookbook, The Plant Paradox Quick and Easy, and Dr. Gundry’s Diet Evolution, and has written more than three hundred articles published in peer-reviewed journals on using diet and supplements to eliminate heart disease, diabetes, autoimmune disease, and multiple other diseases. Dr. Gundry lives with his wife, Penny, and their dogs in Palm Springs and Montecito, California.