(901) 922-5526•387 Perkins Ext. Memphis, TN 38117• BOOKSTORE HOURS: Mon–Sat: 9AM–8PM, Sun: 10AM–5PM
I am Harriet Tubman (Ordinary People Change the World) (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Harriet Tubman's heroic and pivotal role in the fight against slavery is the subject of the fourteenth picture book in this New York Times bestselling biography series. (Cover may vary)
This friendly, fun biography series focuses on the traits that made our heroes great--the traits that kids can aspire to in order to live heroically themselves. Each book tells the story of one of America's icons in a lively, conversational way that works well for the youngest nonfiction readers and that always includes the hero's childhood influences. At the back are an excellent timeline and photos.
After escaping from slavery herself, Harriet Tubman risked her life and her freedom to help other enslaved people reach safety via the Underground Railroad. She is one of America's most important humanitarian and civil rights heroes.
This friendly, fun biography series inspired the PBS Kids TV show Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum. One great role model at a time, these books encourage kids to dream big. Included in each book are:
• A timeline of key events in the hero’s history
• Photos that bring the story more fully to life
• Comic-book-style illustrations that are irresistibly adorable
• Childhood moments that influenced the hero
• Facts that make great conversation-starters
• A virtue this person embodies: Harriet Tubman's selflessness and commitment to freeing other enslaved people is spotlighted in this biography.
You’ll want to collect each book in this dynamic, informative series!
About the Author
Brad Meltzer is the New York Times bestselling author of Heroes for My Son, Heroes for My Daughter, and a number of suspense novels like The House of Secrets. He is also the host of the History Channel television shows Brad Meltzer's Decoded and Brad Meltzer's Lost History. He lives in Florida with his wife and their three children.
Christopher Eliopoulos began his illustration career at Marvel Comics, and has worked on thousands of comics, including Cosmic Commandos (Summer 2017), Franklin Richards: Son of a Genius, Pet Avengers, and Cow Boy, all of which he wrote and illustrated. He lives in New Jersey with his wife and their identical twin sons.