(901) 922-5526•387 Perkins Ext. Memphis, TN 38117• TEMPORARY HOURS: Mon–Sat: 9AM–6PM, Sun: 10AM–5PM
Nurturing My Nest: Intentional Homebuilding Ideas & Custom Built Homeschooling (Paperback)
Leah Vance Simpson spent over twenty years homeschooling her five children. While she navigated the path of homeschooling and parenting, Leah realized that many parents are searching for the same answers. Due to the prodding of her family, she wrote this book to speak to the most commonly asked questions regarding homeschooling and homemaking.
Through this new guide, Nurturing My Nest, and her blog, www.nurturingmynest.com, she answers these questions and more. She stresses the importance of promoting high standards of academic excellence coupled with a personal relationship with God. By combining the academic and the spiritual, she advocates the development of a new generation of Godly young men and women.
Leah coaches you through
- exploring different homeschool styles and their effectiveness,
- planning your curriculum to address your children's unique needs and learning style,
- incorporating spiritual and Biblical lessons into your education plan,
- ensuring your children participate in enriching extracurricular activities,
- practical workable scheduling for your homeschool days,
- charting your children's journeys from preschool to college prep,
- balancing the challenges of school with other mothering responsibilities,
- self-care, and
- accessing online resources for homeschooling.
With her tips about time management and planning, you can give your children a unique educational experience
About the Author
Leah Vance Simpson spent over twenty years homeschooling her five children. Her book emphasizes intentional homemaking and custom built education.Nurturing My Nest. Leah received her degree in public speaking/communications and spent time working in education, broadcast sales, and local government. Early on she knew she wanted to homeschool her children. She now advises other families on the well-tested homeschooling techniques. In addition to the full-time work of educating her own children, she has served as a Bible teacher, the leader for children's conferences in India, coached students to national wins in speech and debate, directed a large AWANA Bible memory group, founded a field-trip program, and pioneered the local Classical Conversation groups. Leah also tutors children to prepare them for college and speaks to women's groups about a number of important issues. She hopes to inspire others to more intentional living in their home. For those who are parents, this book book is full of custom built education ideas.