(901) 922-5526•387 Perkins Ext. Memphis, TN 38117• TEMPORARY HOURS: Mon–Sat: 9AM–8PM, Sun: 10AM–5PM
Defensive Tactics: Street-Proven Arrest and Control Techniques (Paperback)
Whether you are a law enforcement officer seeking to improve your edge or a martial artist wanting to expand your knowledge of street-proven techniques, you will find Defensive Tactics: Street-Proven Arrest and Control Techniques is filled with invaluable information to prepare you for even the most difficult scenarios.
- Joint manipulation that works
- Leverage control vs. pain control
- Striking with the hands, feet, forearms, and elbows
- Safely and quickly crossing the gap
- Blocking an assailant's strikes
- Using vulnerable points to gain compliance
- Head disorientation
- Safe application of carotid constriction or "sleeper" holds
- Controlling a suspect on the ground
- Arresting big guys
- Fighting concepts to take on patrol
- Weapon retention in close quarters and on the ground
Loren W. Christensen is a retired cop and high-ranking martial artist who survived everything the mean streets threw at him, working patrol, gang enforcement, and dignitary protection. Defensive Tactics goes beyond what is taught in the academy, during an officer's in-service training, and what is allowed by the administration.
This book also includes a chapter on proven ways to control a suspect on the ground, written by LAPD officer Mark Mireles, an MMA coach, police academy trainer, and champion wrestler.
About the Author
Loren W. Christensen has been involved with martial arts since 1965. He has earned an 8th dan in American Free Style Karate, 2nd dan in Jujitsu, and 1st dan in Modern Arnis. Loren has authored over 50 books (a couple non-fiction), and has written popular articles for numerous martial arts magazines during the past 30 years. Loren was inducted into the 2001 Masters Hall of Fame for a Golden Lifetime Achievement Award. He is a retired Army MP and Portland Police Officer. Loren Christensen resides in Portland Oregon.