(901) 922-5526•387 Perkins Ext. Memphis, TN 38117• TEMPORARY HOURS: Mon–Sat: 9AM–8PM, Sun: 10AM–5PM
Japanese Picture Dictionary: Learn 1,500 Japanese Words and Phrases (Ideal for Jlpt & AP Exam Prep; Includes Online Audio) (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
A fun and helpful resource for anyone interested in learning some Japanese--whether you're 5 or 100 This picture dictionary covers the 1,500 most useful Japanese words and phrases. Each word and sentence is given in Japanese script--with a Romanized version to help you pronounce it correctly--along with the English meaning. The words are grouped into 40 different themes or topics, including basics like meeting someone new and using public transportation to culture-specific topics like celebrating Japanese holidays and eating Japanese food. This colorful picture dictionary includes:
- Hundreds of color photographs
- 1,500 Japanese words and phrases
- 40 different topics--from social media and WiFi to paying and counting
- Example sentences showing how the words are used
- Companion online audio recordings by native Japanese speakers of all the vocabulary and sentences
- An introduction to Japanese pronunciation and grammar
- An index to allow you to quickly look up words
Japanese Picture Dictionary makes language learning more fun than traditional phrasebooks. This resource is perfect for beginners of all ages--curious kids, visual learners and future travelers to Japan.
About the Author
Timothy G. Stout lived in Japan for 20 years and has taught Japanese language for 23 years in public and private schools, and at the university level. While teaching at the American School in Japan, he conducted research on the use of keyword mnemonics in the instruction of Japanese. Stout has a Doctorate in Education (EdD) from Utah State University, an M.A. in Japanese Pedagogy from Columbia University and a B.A. in Japanese Teaching from Brigham Young. He currently teaches Japanese at Utah Valley University and resides in Lehi, Utah with his wife and five children. Stout is the author of Japanese Hiragana and Katakana for Beginners and Let's Learn Japanese, both available from Tuttle.