(901) 922-5526•387 Perkins Ext. Memphis, TN 38117• TEMPORARY HOURS: Mon–Sat: 9AM–8PM, Sun: 10AM–5PM
Stay Curious and Keep Exploring (Kobo eBook)
From the host of Netflix's Emily's Wonder Lab and FOX's Xploration Outer Space comes a book featuring 50 experiments that introduce the wonders of science to the whole family. MIT engineer Emily Calandrelli shares the science behind each experiment while showing you where to find STEAM concepts in the world around you. You'll learn how to think like a scientist with Make a Hypothesis! and Try This! prompts, where you can experiment within the experiment. With Calandrelli's expert guidance, illustrations throughout, and easy-to-find grocery items, you can make:
- An alien hovercraft to learn how an air hockey table works
- Glow in the dark paint to learn about ultraviolet light
- Delicious ice cream to learn about supercooling
- Oobleck to learn why ketchup is so hard to get out of the bottle
With chapters like Magic Tricks, Kitchen Science, and Fun with Physics, this book is packed with experiments that will delight little scientists and their lab assistants. Grab your goggles and a family member to get started on a journey to spark curiosity, critical thinking, and fun family times!