Join us as we welcome
Thursday, May 12
ONE GREEN THING: DISCOVER YOUR HIDDEN POWER TO SAVE THE PLANET
ABOUT THE BOOK:
The climate crisis is the biggest challenge of our time, and we all have a unique role to play. Start here and now with this book. In this revolutionary call to action, unlock your superpower through a daily practice of sustainability.
Noted environmentalist Heather White offers an easy-to-follow guide for climate action while brilliantly weaving together warm and funny stories from her childhood in East Tennessee, anecdotes from 20+ years of environmental advocacy, and scenes from parenting two GenZ daughters in Bozeman, Montana.
In One Green Thing, White shows you how to contribute to the climate movement through self-discovery - your personality, interests, and strengths.
First, you'll take the Service Superpower Profile Assessment, which will reveal your special gifts in service to others and the planet. Based on your profile, you'll then be equipped to:
- Begin your adventure with a 21-Day Kickstarter Plan that shares specific actions you can take
- Use the Eco-Impact Top Ten--the primary areas that can affect positive, lasting change--to develop an individualized Eco-Action Plan
- Log the mental health benefits and measure your progress with the Joy Tracker
- Write about your journey and your "why" for taking action with exercises and journal prompts that encourage you to reflect
- Listen and talk with members of Gen Z about their climate anxiety
- Commit to being an awesome ancestor for future loved ones as you inspire your family, friends, and community to work toward a regenerative, sustainable world
Setting the intention each day to take a small step-- a "one green thing" to care for the planet--can help ease your eco-anxiety, push the culture toward climate solutions, and create a sense of joy.
ABOUT HEATHER WHITE:
Heather White, the woman Erin Brockovich calls the Brene Brown of the environmental movement, brings two decades of environmental advocacy work and national nonprofit leadership to life with her joyful and practical book, One Green Thing: Discover Your Hidden Power to Help Save the Planet. The CEO & Founder of the nonprofit OneGreenThing.org, Heather was named One of the Top 15 Women Leaders in Sustainability by Green Building & Design Magazine and 100 Women to Watch in Wellness by mindbodygreen. Her trademark intelligence and accessibility on climate and environmental issues has been featured on CBS, PBS, ABC, NBC, Fox News, Dr. Oz, and cited in The Washington Post, New York Times, and The Guardian.
In her book, Heather weaves together research-backed strategies for personal climate action with stories from her childhood in East Tennessee, career in Washington, DC and Yellowstone, and life with her family - including two GenZ daughters - in Bozeman, Montana. Her goal each day - through seminars, leadership training, consulting, social media, and now her book - is to create culture change that will lead to climate policy solutions. She helps individuals tackle the overwhelm of the climate crisis through identity & action. Her Service Superpower is Philanthropist-Wonk.